Monday, December 28, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
The Birth of Jesus
In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world.
(This was the first census that took place
while Quirinius was governor of Syria.)
And everyone went to his own town to register.
So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David,
because he belonged to the house and line of David.
He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child.
While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born,
and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.
The Shepherds and the Angels
And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby,
keeping watch over their flocks at night.
An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified.
But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid.
I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.
Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you;
he is Christ the Lord.
This will be a sign to you:
You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."
Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel,
praising God and saying,
"Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests."
When the angels had left them and gone into heaven,
the shepherds said to one another,
"Let's go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened,
which the Lord has told us about."
So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. When they had seen him,
they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child,
and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them.
But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart.
The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told.
Praise God we have a Saviour!!
Sunday, December 20, 2009
(I took this photo yesterday with my NEW Camera!!!!!)
This biker is a tiny dot in the first picture
Not a tiny feat...big hill
It took this rider a good while to make it to the top
no time to glide back down....
then he would head back up again, and again
Such a good feeling to accomplish a goal!
I'm dedicated to my goal of keeping my weight down
and trying to make wise choices
Still, I can do more...
"I can do all things though Christ
who strengthens me"...
A brand new year...
Fresh beginnings...do overs...
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Last Week I threw out worrying,
It kept me from being me;
I threw out a book on MY PAST
Replaced it with NEW GOALS,
I threw out hate and bad memories,
Got me a NEW PHILOSOPHY too,
Brought in some new books too,
Threw out I might, I think and I ought.
I ran across an OLD FRIEND,
His name is GOD the Father,
He helped me to do some cleaning
Like PRAYER, HOPE, FAITH and LOVE,
I picked up this special thing
I FOUND IT-
Yes, I've got my house looking nice.
Looks good around the place.
For things like Worry and Trouble
It's good to do a little house cleaning,
It sure makes things brighter;
BE BLESSED AND BE A BLESSING TO SOMEONE ELSE!!!!
May the Lord open the windows
out a blessing
May the Lord bless you
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Seems like I'm the video queen lately....
I've had so much to say and no time to say it!
I believe in Christmas....
I see it in my grand children's eyes
Warm hugs from friends
Handel's Hallelujah Chorus from the Messiah
A store clerk looking me in the eye and saying "Merry Christmas!" with feeling
Familiar ornaments and decorations...the Creche...baby Jesus
I believe in Christmas
The Wise Men
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Monday, November 30, 2009
Kate and Jack celebrated for the first time....
Saturday, November 28, 2009
1 Peter 2:24
He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree,
so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness;
by his wounds you have been healed.
I like your Christ,
I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
- -- Mahatma Gandhi
Kyle Idleman our teaching pastor at church really hit the nail on the head this past weekend.
So many people have been judged and abused by our church's.
Podcast from last weekend at church
Southeast Christian Church, Louisville, KY
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
---Traditional Thanksgiving Hymn---
Saturday, November 21, 2009
1 Peter 1:6-9
In this you greatly rejoice,
Friday, November 20, 2009
We traveled to Jacksonville one summer when I was quite small to visit friends they had made during their time in the service. My mom was happy about that, but could not hide her excitement about going to visit the Fountain of Youth to get a drink from it. I picked up on that excitement and was intrigued to say the least. "Why did momma think that was gonna work?" I thought to myself. When I was 6 or 7 the fountain was huge and important looking.
Years later we took the kids to visit the Fountain of Youth and as an adult I was taken back how very small the fountain was and really unimpressive...once again I thought, " Why did momma think that was going to work?"....
Can we really get our youth back again or even stay youthful?
Here's an article copied from Vibrant Nation about ways to look 5 years younger, I liked it..
I'm always eager to learn ways to look younger. That's why I was keenly interested in the beauty feature in this month's InStyle magazine on "10 Ways to Look 5 Years Younger." So, what did the 10 beauty tips say?
1. Brighten Up with Concealer - According to the makeup artist Mally Roncal, who is quoted in the story, if you use concealer "People will start asking who your surgeon was." (Yes, I do use concealer under my eyes every day. However, no one has ever asked me who my surgeon was...which is good because I don't have one.)
2. Be Careful With Color - By color, they mean hair color. According to New York colorist Louis Licari, who is quoted in the story, "If you over-highlight your blond hair, you lose the golden tones that keep it looking youthful and pretty. And hair that is dyed too dark is unnatural." (I am careful with my hair color. I have a fabulous colorist who puts just the right amount of highlights in my hair and doesn't dye my hair too dark either. Ah, glad I am complying with Lou's suggestions.I agree with you Lou. I do. I do.)
3. Perk Up A Saggy Butt - This tip says that 'our bottoms tend to be less buoyant as we age...gravity pulls them down.' Susie Crippen of J Brand, says to "check the label of every pair of jeans before buying to make sure they have at least 2 percent stretch, like Lycra. Pants with more than 98 percent cotton can stretch out as soon as you wear them." (Wait, J Brand is the brand of jeans that my daughter A raves about. I should listen to Susie, she must be smart when it comes to perking up saggy butts. I do love my Not Your Daughter's Jeans which also perk up my butt.)
4. Shine On - This tip says that years of blow-drying and styling our hair can leave it lackluster...that adding conditioning gloss or a shine serum can help hair sparkle. (I'll have to try the conditioning gloss. As for the shine serum, I already have that product in my repertoire of haircare products and it seems to weigh my hair down rather than sparkle it up.)
5. Find the Perfect Bra - According to New York stylist Annabel Tollman, "A good bra elevates your chest to a higher altitude, giving you a longer, slimmer-looking waist." (Hmm, hmm, maybe I will have to listen to Annabel and go to Victoria's Secret and buy one of those new Miraculous bras.)
6. Give Some Lip Service - This tip says that our lips lose volume as we get older and that dark matte lipsticks accentuate our aging lips. It says to switch to pink gloss to look younger. (Okay, after I go to Victoria's Secret to get my new perfect bra, I'm going to go to MAC and buy some 'pink gloss' for my lips.)
7. Fake An Eye Lift - Ooh, ooh, I think I am practicing this tip already. Yes, I am. I put my eye makeup on just like the tip that N.Y.C. makeup artist Paula Dorf says. Sorry Paula, I learned this tip from the MAC makeup lady when she did my colors several years ago. I think it was when I was 5 years younger and I'm still practicing this tip. I do 'use a light-colored shadow near my lash line and a deeper shade in an arc above the crease where my lid is dropping.'
8. Get A Little Cheeky - The Beverly Hills plastic surgeon Gabriel Chiu says that "as we age the fat pads in our cheeks fall" and that to defy nature you can either get a filler or you can use a bright pink blush, which illuminates the cheekbone and draws the eye upward." (No fillers for me. I'm not putting any fillers in my cheekbones. And I've tried bright pink blush once before and it doesn't look good on my cheeks. Guess I won't be practicing this tip. I wonder, if each tip is worth .5 years and I practice all the other nine tips, will I look 4.5 years younger? You think?)
9. Lose the Powder Makeup - Paula Dorf says that "As you get older and your skin produces less oil, dewy makeup is more flattering." (No wonder why the makeup artist at Bobbie Brown recommended that I start using an oil based foundation when I had my 50th birthday makeover. It's been almost two years since I had my 50th birthday makeover and I've been practicing this tip ever since.)
10. Mix Things Up - This final tip says to "always throw in something unexpected, like messy hair, a casual jacket, or flats with a fancy dress." (I can do messy hair, I have several casual jackets in my closet. I don't like flats with a fancy dress, they tend to make my pear-shaped body look more hippy. Personally, I like pumps with a fancy dress or a sandal.)
My yoga teacher N, also had a few yogi cures for aging that she shared with us during tonight's yoga class:
Yogi cure #1 - The first yogi cure for aging is to do a 10 minute inversion every day. An inversion can be a head stand, or a hand stand, or the dead bug pose (which is my favorite. I look like an upside down dead cockroach when I do this pose.)
Yogi cure #2 - Massage your face outward every night. Start at the top or bottom of your face and stimulate your skin and then put your moisturizer on your face. Stretch out your neck too by pulling your face forward. (This will add an extra step to my evening skincare ritual, but I'll try it if it will help me stay forever young.)
If I can find 10 more beauty tips to help me look younger, I wonder if I can look 10 years younger? Wait a minute...wait a minute. How does the chorus in the "Forever Young" song go? Think I need to stop, breathe, and sing...
I wanna be forever young
Do you really want to live forever?
Forever and ever
Forever young I wanna be
Do you really want to live forever?
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Revelations 1: 7-8
Look, he is coming with the clouds,
and every eye will see him,
even those who pierced him;
and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him.
"I am the Alpha and the Omega,"
Friday, November 13, 2009
Oh yeah...I weighed 10 pounds less than I thought! JOY!!
Hopefully, this will help me with my plea to Dick to join a gym. We walk about 4.5 miles a day, but that is it....we really need to be doing more strength training. He has resisted I believe because for years we paid good money to a gym, used it, but never lost a pound. Now I have proof I need strength resistance training or I'm going to end up like Edith Ann! ;-)
All in all though, I found out I'm in good health...
Trusting God, eating right, exercising and loving life has paid off.
I'm a happy girl!
Speaking of being a happy girl,
check out these photo's of my girls!
Monday, November 9, 2009
If you'd like to check out Sis's professional website it's
Click on the rss feed next to the facebook feed to see some amazing photo's