Monday, October 19, 2009

I'm still trying to drive the point home....

I really identified with K.W. in the movie "Where the Wild Things Are". K.W. comes back into the fold and gets disgusted with all the Wild Things once again, especially Carol. At one point she lays on her back on the ground completely out of energy, asking herself, why do I bother? She really wants to do things differently. I get there myself from time to time ....exasperated


When Dick is really happy on the weekends he wants to eat junk. This past weekend Sonic called his name...chili-cheese tater tots. I associate Dick with Carol...child like and somewhat wild, albeit, lovable.

My point to him is...when you eat food like that, for some reason, it starts a chain reaction...chili-cheese tater tots, hot dogs, milkshakes and so on. Like lets see what can I eat next sorta thing.
If you start out the day with good food choices and end the day having made good food choices.... you feel good about yourself. This makes sense to me...I'm still trying to convince Carol, err, I mean Dick.

3 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Haha, poor Dick! Those chili cheese tater tots sound tasty.

Actually, you are quite right, once you start eating junk again, you're back to craving the stuff, and there goes the diet. Of course, a few of those tater tots, followed by a long walk might have undone the damage, no?

My older son is coming for a few days this coming weekend, bringing along my ten year old granddaughter, Mckenzie. I haven't seen them since Easter, so I'm looking forward to their visit. They live 800 miles away. Then my daughter and family (two older granddaughters are included there) will be here for Thanksgiving and my birthday, for a week. Woo Hoo! They also live 800 miles away. Lots to look forward to.

Hugs and blessings, Marie.

Renie

Renie Burghardt said...

Hugs and blessing, Maree!!!

Lindy D. said...

I agree with you on the chain reaction. One secret for me is to find foods that "feel" like a treat, that are not too caloric. One example is the McDonald's ice cream cone (150 calories) that you recommended. I also like thinly sliced avocado on rice cakes. Chili-cheese tater tots are over the top!