Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Pimento Cheese recipe from The Masters..



My life has been a little upside down lately and I'm behind on some things...I'd wanted to post this recipe for pimento cheese that they use at Augusta. (Actually I believe the recipe is a secret like the colonels chicken ...I got this recipe from an article in the Augusta magazine. August 2009)
Can you believe the prices? Lunch was $5 for Dick and me.
It's a wonder we just didn't eat all day!




Zesty Pimento Cheese

1 1/2 pounds grated sharp cheddar cheese

1/2 cup Kraft horseradish sauce

1/2 cup mayonnaise

1 tablespoon prepared mustard

1 7-ounce jar chopped pimentos, drained


Combine cheese, horseradish sauce, mayonnaise and mustard in a large bowl. Beat until desired spreading consistency is reached. Add pimentos. Blend well. Store in refrigerator. They serve it at the Masters on white bread....some things just taste better that way!
Makes four cups

3 comments:

Memaw Barbie said...

I believe my momma makes the best pimento cheese ever. It's always our request to her when we are able to go home for a visit or when she comes to visit us. I do believe I will try the horseradish in mine the next time. sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing. Blessings

Unknown said...

Maree, we've never met but I discovered your website while looking for THE AUGUSTA MASTER'S PIMENTO CHEESE! Thank you for providing it here. After roaming around on your website, I feel like I've known you for years. Thank you for sharing your faith and love for family and life so cheerfully!

Maree said...

Aww...how sweet, thank you and come back any time!