Monday, June 15, 2009

Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Sandwiches....








Really the pictures say enough .....

Bacon......Oscar Mayer Center Cut

Mayo.....Hellman's Light

Lettuce.......Red Leaf

Tomatoes......Tennessee

Bread.....Sour Dough


The Slaw is simple too....

4 cups...coarsely shredded cabbage

1/2 cup.... light Hellman's mayonnaise

2 tbsp....wine vinegar

2 tbsp....sugar or Splenda

2 tbsp....sliced green scallions

1/4 tsp....dry mustard

1/8 tsp....celery seed

Combine and chill...yum.



Fresh fruits and vegetables are really economical. I buy two big bags every week full of tomatoes, lettuce, onions, cucumbers, spinach, green beans, asparagus, cabbage, corn, zucchini, squash, watermelon, grapes, peaches, cantalope, bananas, apples..(little Fuji's are so sweet!), strawberries, blueberries, lemons, limes, and slaw mixes.
It averages about $25-$30. Heaven. ;-)

You have to check out Bakerella's Blog for her Fathers Day Idea..
It rocks!!



Thanks everyone for your concern for baby Jack....

We are all learning about "all in the Lord's good time"....

Keep Rachel and Rich in your prayers...
no one wants to see little Jack more than these two!

5 comments:

Jboo said...

That looks so yummy! I love a BLT!

Have a great week!

Janet

Barbara said...

Thanks for your visit and sweet comments.

I rather like a good BLT too.

How the shopping bag with Louisville on it reminds me of my very interesting times there. The airport when Kate arrived back brought back memories too.

Melissa said...

You always make everything look so darn good. I don't even like tomatoes and I'd eat that. ;)

a woman who is said...

Ahhh our tomatoes are not any where close to being ripe. And I am sorry but only garden ripened tomatoes will do for that kind of gorgeous sandwich.

Pearl said...

Ohhhh my guys would Love to have a BLT like that! I'd have to pass, though... LOL ... I know, I'm nuts!
Now, give me those big bags full of fresh fruits 'n veggies and I'd been in Hog Heaven for sure!
It was so nice to go back through your posts 'n catch up some... I hate when I'm not well enough to stay in touch with everyone... Just loved seeing all of the family photos... I know that your heart must be so full of love and gratitude...
God is indeed good!
Thinking of you, and
hoping all is well...

~hugs 'n prayers~
Pearl