Sunday, June 28, 2009

This gal is 44 years old!!

The National Cycling Masters will be here in Louisville in Cherokee Park for three days....it's a group of over age 30 bike racers. Dick and I went over to watch the race this afternoon and met this amazing lady, Debbie Milne, who won her division, 40-44 year old women. I thought she was about 25 or so.



These were all women..lots of them.


The whole park was blocked off for the race so
I had to map a new walk this morning.

I missed walking these hills....I'm addicted
.

On Saturday and Sunday's, I walk alone since Dick plays golf those mornings...we both leave the house around 6:45am-7am
(we go to church on Saturday nights)
I never mind walking by myself....
Walking in Cherokee Park early in the morning is like
walking in heaven and talking to God.

One morning a few weeks ago as I hiked up the first winding hill
there was a morning mist dancing in the air
and then on cue, a deer appeared on the golf course to my right.
One of those times that make you so glad to be alive.

I will never stop thanking God for a second chance.
Just a year and a half ago I was nearly crippled by being overweight.

I truly believe you need to exercise at least 6-7 days a week
if you have weight to lose.

When Dick and I belonged to the Wellness Center and exercised 3 days a week there, I over heard one of the "tough" pros there telling a client she never knew anyone to lose weight that didn't exercise at least 6-7 days a week.
I scoffed at it....I've since become a believer.

Exercising 6-7 days a week and eating right take years off of you...
just look at Debbie!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

I love to walk also I walk about every day.I have been to Cherokee Park and it is a beautiful place.
Brenda

Melissa said...

It's been my church for many, many years now! I am so glad and proud of you that you own those hills!! Go Mom go!