Thursday, September 24, 2009

Drinking it in....

We decided to walk this morning even though we knew there was a huge chance we would get wet. Dick always says..."you can only get wet once". This was toward the end of our walk and even though there was a light rain falling, I had to stop and just take in the view of Baringer Hill. Before long the trees will be ablaze with falls majestic array of colors.....I don't want to miss a thing.
A place to sit and drink in the view..
Pavilion at Baringer Hill
As we walked away a women jogging toward us
said, "free facial!" with a grin, rain falling on her face.
That made me feel a little better about walking in the rain...
~~~~~~~~~

"For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing; and all the trees of the fields shall clap their hands. " Isaiah 55:12

3 comments:

Barbara said...

I think walking in the rain can be fun as long as one is going straight home and it is not too cold.

Nana Trish is Living the Dream said...

This is an inspiring post. This looks like a great place to go walking. I can't wait to see the colorful leaves. That is a beautiful part of fall for me. We may drive up to Tennessee to the mountains so Avery can see the leaves changing. We have the change, but not as dramatic. I so look forward to the cooler weather. Love those turtlenecks. I'm really drinking lots of water lately. I know it's so good for us, but it really makes you run to the girls room a lot.

Renie Burghardt said...

Half the pleasure of walking is drinkig in the view, isn't it? And what a lovely view you had.

These Ozark hills get pretty colorful in the fall, too. I can never get enough "drinking in their splendor." I do love fall, I just don't love what comes after it!

Beautiful scripture quote, too. Thank you, Maree. Have a wonderful Friday.

Hugs and blessings,

Renie