Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Kathy Ireland....much more than model, designer, business women...oh yeah, dancer too....she's a Christian.

Tuesday nights are busy TV for us...must watch Dancing with the Stars and the Biggest Loser too! The girls last night dancing were wonderful, I loved it all! Kathy mentioned during an interview while she was waiting to be judged, that all things are possible with God. Hum....refreshing! I have lots of Kathy Ireland rugs around my house and lamps too....love her style and quality. Now I find out she is a sister in Christ too! Here's a portion of an interview she did with Christian Women Online.

I read that you became a Christian when you were eighteen, but remained a baby Christian for a long time. So many of us can relate to that, in fact it was only twelve years ago that I really started growing in my faith. Can you tell us a bit about your walk with the Lord?

"I was 18-years-old, modeling in Paris, which sounds a lot more glamorous than it really was. Out of jet lag, boredom and loneliness, I picked up a Bible out of my suitcase that my mom had packed. I happened to open to the Gospel of Mathew and my life was forever changed.

As a rebellious teenager who was questioning authority, I saw the truth right before my eyes. As a young woman, out in a world that felt dominated by men, I was so encouraged to learn how much Jesus loves and respects women. The first person who He shared that He was the Son of God with, was a woman. This woman was a Samaritan and was living what could be considered an immoral life. This was during a time when men did not communicate with women. Women were not even considered second-class citizens. This was during a time when Jews would go out of their way to avoid Samaritans.

Jesus rejected that discrimination. He showed this woman love, respect, and forgiveness. The first people Jesus appeared to after His resurrection were women, and God chose a woman to bring His Son into the world. I feel that with Jesus as my best friend it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks of me. That relationship gives me the confidence to not compromise my values. Due to my own disobedience, I remained a baby Christian for a very long time. As I would read through the Bible, I would embrace certain passages and disregard those verses that I was sure were a typo or certainly, they didn’t pertain to me. I was trying to mold God into what I wanted Him to be, rather then allowing Him to mold me into the person He created me to be.

Becoming a mom helped me to understand our Heavenly Father’s love for us. He sees the big picture while we see only a fraction. He tells us things not to keep us from pleasure, but to keep us from pain. I have made many, many mistakes in my life and I continue to mess up. My goal is that as I mature in my faith, that my actions would be more in line with His will for my life."

You can read the full interview with Kathy here from Christian Women Online.

Note: Biggest Loser rocked last night! What a great group! Abby made me so happy when she turned to the cameras and beamed, " It works! Counting calories, moving more, it really works! You betcha!

This is the rug I have in my living room and hallway...have the same pattern (Kathy Ireland Garden) in red too. Rugs Direct is a good place to buy Kathy's rugs.

4 comments:

Nana Trish is Living the Dream said...

She is such a beauty and it's really refreshing to know she is a Christian. I read a Christian magazine that featured her a while back and she seems like a sincere person. I hope she does really good. Kelly looked graceful. Her parents were so proud. I thought that was sweet. She looks so much happier since she has lost her weight. Avery and I are sitting on the couch chilling. She had it coming out of both ends last night and had to miss school. She seems better today, thank the Lord.

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Maree,

Oh, I, too enjoyed Dancing with the Stars last night. The girls were great weren't they? Better than the guys had been. Haha.

I hope Kathy Ireland does well. It was so cute when she ran over and hugged her husband in the audience, when she finished her dance. I presume it was her husband. The interview sounds very nice. I will have to go and read the rest of it later, as I just got home a bit ago.

Have a nice evening.

Hugs and blessings,

Renie

Lindy said...

I would love to see pictures of your Kathy Ireland rugs and lamps sometime. (You haven't done a decorating post for awhile!) Where are they sold?

Maree said...

Lindy I added a photo of our rug to this post and link to www.rugs direct.com go to this website and enter Kathy Irelad in the search and lots of rug patterns will so up. I bought rug pads there too.