Monday, September 29, 2008

Pieces of the puzzle are coming together.....





This is our son Rich working on his house. Dick and I spent the weekend with Rich and his wife Rachel getting their cottage ready to be painted. They bought their first house a year or so ago in a beautiful neighborhood by the Tennessee River in Knoxville called Island Home. They joke that it's the newly wed and the nearly dead type of neighborhood. Lot's of young couples with babies in carriers making their way up and down the boulevard.



His house is cedar shake and brick, some of the shakes have age and water damage and are being replaced.



I love the new door they picked out, really changes the look of the house.....lovely!












Rich taking a little break and talking to me. He's doing things he has never done in his life and doing a very good job. Since buying the house they have refinished the hardwood floors, painted the inside, replaced electricity, plumbing, sewer lines, put in a stone patio, torn down an above ground pool and decking. I know I'm missing things, but you get the picture.


After they get the house painted, Dick and I are going to help them get the front landscaped. We are thinking boxwood's and foster hollies. I'll post pictures when it's all done.
We are really proud of Rich and Rachel, they are newlyweds and working hard to fix up a vintage cottage and give it new life. It will be beautiful when they finish!
One final word...thank goodness for motrin!! ;-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Maree what a darling cottage the kids have!! I can't wait to see the inside...please don't forget to show us!! I bet you are so proud of them.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Charlotte said...

WOW - what an undertaking - I looked at Rich's blog too. They'll have to be on FLIP THIS HOUSE. I can't believe that is you talking to Rich - at first I thought the truck was blocking part of your body but no, girl, it's gone. Melissa and I are working so hard. I love Spark People. I'm going to print out the reports and take them to my dr. Melissa and I are cooking up a trip to visit you and Dick and bring Katelyn so she can play with Leah and get Leah ready for Kate!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of that adorable couple, love them so much! The door rocks!

Glad you all were able to spend some quality time together and hope you got some motrin. :)

Nana Trish is Living the Dream said...

Their house is adorable. I know you must be so proud of him. Isn't it wonderful when our kids grow up and you see that they are productive adults. That is such a cute place and I can't wait to see how it looks when they are all done. You look so thin. Congrats.

Pearl said...

Hi Maree... That is a big list of things the kids have done... how wonderful that they are working so hard to make a nice home to start their lives together in... I look forward to seeing more photos as things progress!

Hopefully you will be able to get a photo of your "Grand-Dog", Marley, modeling her hot-dog costume! I'd Love to see that! LOL

Hope you're doing well, and that the motrin is helping... God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~

Pearl