Friday, September 19, 2008

Pleasantly surprised at Fridays last night!

We went down to Fourth Street Live to see Three Dog Night last night. The Ryder Cup is in town and every night festivities are going on that are free, just need a "The Cup" pin to get in.

Dick is a volunteer at The Ryder Cup this week. So in the spirit of The Cup we headed downtown when he got through with his day there. It's fun to eat downtown, lots of great restaurants and in the "old days" I would never have given it a thought.

The "new improved" me was thinking, "oh dear" inside. Especially when Dick said excitedly, "let's eat at Fridays!" and hurried in to get our name on the list. I'm thinking, " don't want to spoil his fun, I'm going in!"



The menu is so colorful and the food they were bringing out looked so good, piles of onion rings, french fries, salads with fried chicken and thick dressing spilling over their containers...and huge desserts being carried around...I'm in real trouble here...low and behold my eyes glance at the words low fat...in Fridays? Woo.. check it out. I had the Dragonfire chicken, 510 calories, menu says...Marinated chicken breast topped with fiery Kung Pao sauce, mandarin oranges and pineapple pico de gallo, and served with stir-fried brown rice and cilantro-lime-seasoned broccoli. It was good, not that spicey!! Yum.

I copied this from hungry-girl.com when I searched Fridays there.

Low Fat" or "Low Carb", and all will be okay. (Even when it comes to the "Right Portion, Right Price" menu, sticking with the stuff labeled "Low Fat" or "Low Carb" is the way to go.) There's Dragonfire Chicken and Southwestern Mahi Mahi (each has 510 calories), Zen Chicken Pot Stickers and Shrimp Key West (370 calories each), Sizzling Chicken & Vegetables (670 calories, although likely much less if you nix the cheese) and a 330-calorie Chocolate Angel Swirl Cake. And all the "Low Fat" items have approximately 10 grams of fat. Not TOO horrendous.

Now Three Dog Night, that's another story....am I that old???!!! Love their songs though!

Try a little tenderness,
Just an old fashion love song,
Easy to be hard,
Never been to Spain,
And my favorite..
Out in the country..
those where the days!!

It was a wonderful night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to love Three Dog Night. No we are not old....we are getting better baby!!! Thanks for all your encouragement. I will have to remember Fridays, that sounds yummy. Have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)