Monday, December 1, 2008

If you have some left over turkey....

Dick and I had this tonight and it was delish!! Took just a minute to make. I used low-fat cheese and left off the black olives. We used Tumaro's Gourmet Tortillas...multigrain, low in carbs and 8g of fiber each. We try and eat high fiber, low fat as much as possible. I use Meijer brand salsa verde..15 calories for 2 tablespoons. Serve this with a side salad....perfect quick dinner!!



Here is what you will need:
* Left over turkey (shredded)
* Salsa verde
* Finely shredded cheese (low-fat)
* Tortillas
* Black olives
* Sour cream (low-fat)

Start by bathing a single tortilla in salsa verde. Then place your turkey and cheese it in the middle of the tortilla before rolling. Repeat bathing, filling and rolling until you have filled your baking dish. Once your baking dish is full, cover the rolled tortillas with a thick coat of salsa verde as this will ensure your enchiladas stay moist. Follow up with a coat of cheese and then top if off with a bunch of black olives.

To bake place your dish is a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Once fully baked dish it up and serve with some sour cream.



These are the Tumaro's Tortillas we use...I get them at Fresh Market but I've seen them all over. We wrap scrambled eggs with peppers and onions in them. Use them to make pizza's with fresh veggie's and low-fat cheese. Great flavor.

4 comments:

nanatrish said...

This sounds very delish. I have to update. I lost 5 lbs since last Monday. I was very pleased, especially since it was Thanksgiving week. I am just telling myself that I am making better choices. I have been on so many 'diets'. So now I am just trying not to stress over it, but just make the best choices. I appreciate all your encouragement. I had some soup tonight. It's really chilly here in Atlanta tonight. I pray you are doing great and having a good week. luv ya, Trish

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

My first visit here. You have a wonderful blog. I love what I see and read. I wish you a great Tuesday...m.

Anonymous said...

Oh that sounds so good, definitely going to try this one. Thanks.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Maree said...

I am so happy for you Trish!! Not stressing out is key....it's the rest of your life...better choices...not a diet. Eat to live not live to eat!! Yea!!!