Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Is there a smile on your face?

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10










When Dick plays golf or is out of town, I walk by myself and use my ipod. Love all my songs..classical, R&B, oldies, newbies, inspirational songs......one of the new songs on my ipod is by a guy named Brendan Benson....the song is "What I'm looking for". The lyrics include the phase.....
I may never grow old,
I may never give in
And I'll blame this world that I live in
I visit hell on a daily basis
I see the sadness in all your faces

Brendan adds a pause on that last phase....I see the sadness in all your faces...OUCH! You mean somebodies watching my unsmiling face?......has my light gone out?.....Thanks Brendan for reminding me to smile at you and anyone else I come into contact with.

I remember back in the seventies when someone (probably on the Phil Donahue Show !)...came up with the idea that people should walk up to another person and give them a big ole hug.....everyone needed a hug! Well, today I think most people would just be happy with a smile, maybe a kind word..

This little light of mine....I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine!!

Matthew 5:14-16 "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. {15} "Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lamp stand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. {16} "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Amen, sister! Reminds me of a verse: A cheerful look brings joy to the heart: good news makes for good health.
Prov. 15:30 NLT

Blessings to you!