Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Joy comes in the morning


Psalm 30:5
"For His anger lasts only a moment,
but His favor, a lifetime.
Weeping may spend the night,
but there is joy in the morning."


My momma was the sweetest soul. Life was not always easy for her, even so, she was always able to find joy in all areas of her life. As a child, I can't tell you how many times I would walk past her bedroom door and catch a glimpse of her beside her bed, on her knees, praying.

Since she was a preachers wife there were many things to be praying for, but I knew sometimes life had just taken all she had to give, and she had to go to her heavenly Father to ask for help and strength.


It's times like these when life seems uncertain and sometimes scary, I remember the phases she repeated over and over, "Joy comes in the morning, girls!" or "Remember that little "i" in faith!"

Lamentations 3:22-23
Through the LORD’s mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness

1 comment:

Pearl said...

What a sweet, loving tribute to your Mom, Maree... I had a precious, loving Mom, too, and I miss her terribly...

May you always find Joy in your mornings... God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~

Pearl