Wednesday, July 30, 2008

gardens

rdens
We all loved this home, lots of wonderful memories here....

We called this "the girls room" or the music room. Both a piano and cello resided there. No TV, so it was a perfect place to curl up with a book.

If you have been in Melissa's dining room...I copied her wallpaper...we went through wallpaper book after book, just came back to this one, it was perfect here. She was very gracious to let me use it.

The kitchen...oh did we have some great fun in here....Bridal showers, Baby showers, Garden Club parties, birthdays, holidays and just good old family times, maybe a little dancing.....

I loved that chandelier. The paint in this room was Benjamin Moore's,"Grasslands", I absolutely loved the neutral color of green.


Our cozy family room...loved the logs ablaze in there. That ceiling fan was the first of four we bought, I have two in our present home..guess you could say I like it...I'm coo coo for lighting.

We had a small porch off the family room leading to the screened-in porch and yard.
You can see a portion of our garden here
Next I'll show how all this furniture was moved into an 83 year old house and did just fine!

To be continued.....



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That really was a great house. I loved it, loved it, loved it.

This is like walking down memory lane, so much fun!

Football and Fried Rice said...

What a beautiful home! I am sure that you miss it!

Leslie said...

Maree, you and Melissa have such beautiful decorating talent. I love both of your taste so much. I would love your kitchen in my HoMe...LOL. Thanks so much for sharing with us all. Everything has been so beautifully done. Just Gorgeous.

fleur de lis cottage said...

What a lovely home. So tastefully and beautifully done.